Available and appropriate for all ages beginning at age 5 through to young adulthood.
• Parents and caregivers are typically invited to join in the sessions early on for some of their insight/context, or ongoing as appropriate, or requested by the young client.
• We take confidentiality and trust between the young person and therapist seriously and always put the best interests of the young person first and foremost.
• May include parents/caregivers, blended family members.
• Goal is to improve the interpersonal relationships, communication and emotional connections between family members.
Parenting Skills-Based Therapy
• Focus on the development of skills to help parent children and teens with behavioural challenges including oppositional, non-compliant, and anger/aggressive behaviours.
Attachment-Based Collaborative Problem-Solving
• Core component is creating safety to allow family members to explore and reflect emotions.
• The process is based on the PACE model – Playfulness, Acceptance, Curiosity and Empathy.